ITUp takes your privacy extremely seriously. This pronouncement explains what data and information we collect and why we collect it.
What information about You do We collect?
ITUp collects data to operate effectively and provide our Services to you. The data we collect depends on the consent you have provided and on the context of your interactions with ITUp. The data we collect can include the following:
- Name and contact data. We collect your first and last name, email address, postal address, phone number and other similar contact data.
- Content. We collect content of your files when necessary to provide you with the Services you need. For example, if you send a file using our website, we need to collect the content of that file to display it to you and to use the content to your interest.
Why do We collect Your information?
Communicate with you. We use your personal information to communicate with you in relation to ITUp Services via different channels (e.g., by phone, email).
Advertising. We use your personal information to display interest-based ads for services that might be of interest to you.
Purposes for which we seek your consent. We may also ask for your consent to process your personal information for a specific purpose that we communicate to you. When you consent to our processing your personal information for a specified purpose, you may withdraw your consent at any time and we will stop processing of your data for that purpose.
Analysing our business. We will use your personal information (including by anonymizing and aggregating it with other customers’ personal information) for sales, supply chain, and financial analysis purposes, to determine how we are performing, and where improvements can be made. This is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests in understanding how our business is performing and considering how to improve our performance.
Other purposes. To carry out other legitimate business purposes, as well as other lawful purposes about which we will notify you.
What are your rights regarding the information collected and processed?
With regard to your information that is collected and/or processed by ITUp, you may exercise the following rights:
- Right of access: You may request ITUp to confirm if information about you is processed. If such is the case, you will receive access to your information.
- Right of rectification: If our information about you is incorrect, you may request ITUp to rectify your information. This includes the right to have incomplete information completed, taking into account the purpose of the processing.
- Right to erasure: You may request ITUp to erase your information, for instance if the information is unlawfully processed, or if you have withdrawn your consent.
- Right to restrict processing: You may request ITUp to restrict the processing of your information, if (i) the information is inaccurate, (ii) the processing is unlawful, (iii) you need us to retain the information after the retention period for a legal claim, or (iv) you have objected to the processing and a verification of our legitimate interests is pending.
- Right to data portability: You may request ITUp to provide you with an electronic file of your information, or to transfer your personal data to a third party if such is technically feasible.
How is your information used?
Where you have provided consent, we may use your information to:
- carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into by you and us;
- perform the Services you have requested. For example, if you fill out a “Contact Request” web form, we will use the information provided to contact you about your interest in the Services;
- seek your views or comments on the Services we provide, through surveys we may send you;
- notify you of changes to our Services;
- send you communications which you have requested and that may be of interest to you;
- plan activities, events, promotions related to our Services;
- contact you to further discuss your interest in the Services and to send you information regarding ITUp and its partners.
Who has access to Your information?
We may share your information with other companies in order to work with them, including service’s providers of ITUp.
However, when we use service’s providers, we disclose only the personal information that is necessary to deliver the Service and we have a contract in place that requires them to keep your information secure and not to use it for their own direct marketing purposes unless you have provided your consent or requested us to do so, or we are required to do so by law, for example, by a court order or for the purposes of prevention of fraud or other crime.
ITUp does not share your collected information with third parties, unless: (i) You specifically opt-in to such sharing via an event registration form; or (ii) You attend an ITUp event and allow ITUp or any of its business partners/third parties to scan your attendee badge. If You do not wish for Your information to be shared in this manner, you may choose not to opt-in via event registration forms and elect not to have Your badge scanned at ITUp events. If You choose to share Your information with business partners/third parties in the manners described above, your information will be subject to the business partners’/third parties’s respective privacy statements.
Our website and apps will, in certain circumstances, provide you with social plug-ins from various social networks. If you choose to interact with a social network such as Facebook or Twitter (for example by registering an account), your activity on our website or via our apps will also be made available to that social network. This is necessary for the performance of your contract with Us which allows you to interact with a social network. If you are logged in on one of these social networks during your visit to one of our websites or apps or are interacting with one of the social plug-ins, the social network might add this information to your respective profile on this network based on your privacy settings. If you would like to prevent this type of data transfer, please log out of your social network account before you enter one of our websites or apps, or change the app’s privacy settings, where possible. Please read the privacy policies of those social networks for detailed information about the collection and transfer of personal information, what rights you have and how you can maintain suitable privacy settings for your needs.
ITUp will disclose personal information where required by law or legal process, for the administration of justice, to protect your vital interest, for investigations by law enforcement or regulatory bodies, to protect and defend ITUp property and legal rights, to protect the personal safety of ITUp website or (mobile) app users, or by order of a valid injunction from a court or law enforcement agency.
Unless described in this pronouncement, ITUp does not sell, rent, or trade any information with third parties for their promotional purposes.
We take appropriate and reasonable technical and organizational measures to protect Personal Information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction, taking into account the risks involved in the processing and the nature of the Personal Information.
You have a choice about if you wish to receive information from us. If you want to receive direct marketing communications from us about the services then you can select your choices by ticking the relevant boxes situated on the form on which we collect your information.
We will not contact you for marketing purposes by email or text message unless you have given your prior consent.
Retention of Data
We retain Personal Information where we have an ongoing legitimate business or legal need to do so. Our retention periods will vary depending on the type of data involved, but, generally, we’ll refer to these criteria in order to determine retention period:
- Whether we have a legal or contractual need to retain the data.
- Whether the data is necessary to provide our Services.
- Whether our Members would reasonably expect that we would retain the data until they remove it.
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your Personal Information, we will either delete or anonymize it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your Personal Information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your Personal Information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
Cookie is a small piece of data sent from a website and stored on the user’s computer by the user’s web browser while the user is browsing. Cookies were designed to be a reliable mechanism for websites to remember stateful information or to record the user’s browsing activity. Cookies do not harm your computer or any files on your computer.
You can manage browser cookies through your browser settings. The ‘Help’ feature on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, how to disable cookies, and when cookies will expire. If you disable all cookies on your browser, we will not transfer cookies to your browser. If you do this, however, you may have to manually adjust some preferences every time you visit a site and some features and services may not work.
If you have any questions or comments regarding this pronouncement, please contact us:
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By mail: ITUp, Largo da Lagoa 15F, 2795-116 Linda-a-Velha